Re: concert at nationals -Reply

----------
> From: Lester Hammock <lhammock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: concert at nationals -Reply
> Date: 03 November 1997 19:36

she loves to play for the right reason, to glorify God.  Thanks
for letting me get this off my chest...

There is a right place and a wrong place to do a sermon. the national
championship is the wrong place.
a little prayer, would have been fine. some of my friends who were at the
concert was embarrassed. they were ex salvation army bandsmen
Just let us not forget the national belongs to the bandsmen who are outside
of the salvation army.
the salvation army were guest to our great occasion even if it was promoted
by a company influence by the salvation army.
If the salvation army loves to play for the right reason, to glorify God
then let the outside band play for there right reason to glorify making
music and achieving par excellence at the national championship.
I left the salvation army to join a proper band;)

evan howells
.