Re: Cleethorpes and beyond...

At 20:00 04/11/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Dave White (hello Dave!) wrote:

>What is the format of this contest?  From these results it would seem
>that there isn't an overall winner.  Is the entertainment adjudicator
>in the open, or is 'entertainment' simply a matter of choosing the right
>pieces at this event?
Both - section B (3+4 national gradings) had only Gary Cutt in the box, no
external judge. section A (1+2 nat) had some external people.

B definitely had an overall winner (there was not separate marking at all)
but I was gone by the A result.

>How long do bands play for?  What are the sections?  Are there set
>elements (a march, a hymn)???

March is req and a solo (if you want to be in for the prize).

20 mins

>[Sorry about the interrogation: I may be taking a there band next
>year.]
>
>On a different note, it would be great to know what music bands chose
>to play at events such as this, and at own choice contests too.   It
>might be that bands (especially bands in other parts of the world)
>are entertaining their audiences - and winning contests - with
>different repertoire.

We played:

Castel Coch
Light as Air