Re: Soprano players

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Martin Irwin wrote:

> Cameron,
>
> Its good that you have given us an insight into James Cooper as a sop
> player.  I'd like to hear him play.  In the North of England I suppose we
> wrongly only look at players up here in the big name bands and don't think
> that there are good players anywhere else, but obviously there are.  In all
> honesty I said the best sop players are in the north just to spark debate

And I thought you were just being sarcastic to me :)  Seriously, I appear
to have sparked off quite a thread...

> and get peoples thoughts, and it worked!!
>
> Recently there has been a shortage of good soprano players about, and a few
> top bands in the north have had vacancies, and some still have.  Where does
> James live, and has he ever thought about moving up to the north ?  A lot

About 20 mins out of Bournemouth, in a place called Alderholt.  I stayed
with him when I depped for a week on Bournemouth bandstand (playing
music for a week, we were the two in the band most likely to do silly
things :)  So if anyone wants an address/phone number get in touch with me
privatly. I know that James has no plans to move out of the area though,
so don't go getting any ideas!  In fact, when I arrived in August it was
his 1st wedding anniversary.  D'oh!

> of bands these days do concerts down in the south, and having details of a
> player such as James would be useful if bands need to borrow a sop player
> for the night.  Do you have any of his details ?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin.
>

> --

  Alastair Wheeler
  Euphonium & Trombone			   Fundamental Brass
  Bass Trombone			  City of Oxford Brass Band
  Alastair.Wheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxx   http://users.ox..ac.uk/~newc0349/
  "I am following my fish"