Re: concert at nationals -Reply

I think there has been a little misunderstanding on this subject. Our
friend fom Augusta might be a little of track possibly thinking that the
Championships were for SA bands because of the attendance of the ISB,
thereby thinking that his wife was playing ina SA band for the right
reasons and not in a 'Brass Band'. Whilst I'm on can I clarify what I sai=
originally to Katie about the subject of the ISB at the nationals.

1. It was an answer to why they had their 'spiritual' bit, not any answer=

to whether it was right or wrong
2. The organisers were well aware of the content and therefore if people
are not happy about it write to the organisers.
3. To our friend who wrote and said some ex Salvationists were embarrased=
,
it must have struck a sensitive chord (why do salvationist always become
'ex' when they want to play in 'outside' bands?- they could still attend
as
part of a congregation without being 'ex')
4. To the same friend who said he left the SA to join a good band - here
is
one person who wasn't playing ina SA band for the 'right' reason - I will=

assume he was brought up in the SA and made the decision to leave after t=
he
SA had taught him  to play - I wonder if he thought about repaying the SA=

for all those free lessond which has enabled him to join a proper band !!=

Keep playing the dots

Keith Hender
Bandmaster Cannock (UK) Citadel Band of the SA