Nationals (fwd)

> From craigbennett1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tue Oct 21 07:39:25 1997

Monkey, your message to Phil Green earlier- 1st Trom for Fairey's was you=
old colleague in the Leyland Trom Section Simon Johnstone. He's still
signed with Fairey's even though he now plays professionally (I believe).=

Commiserations Phil - shame about the draw - history says that it is very=

difficult to win playing that early as you know. Still it's a bye for nex=
years Nationals at least.

I thought David Wakeleys comments about the confidence from the 2 top ban=
ds
were very valid. Although I missed Fodens, Brighouse and Faireys did come=

across that way and this is probably what captivated the audience during
their performances. The lads at Faireys were disappointed at being pipped=

again which seems to be happening to them at the major competitions latel=
y.
Having said that they did say that they could have played better so that
probably speaks for itself...

Can anyone explain the qualifying system for 1998?? who has to play in th=
areas?? etc. Thanks.

Craig Bennett
Soprano Cornet - Desford (at present!)