Re: Soprano Players (fwd) (fwd)

>From craigbennett1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wed Nov 05 19:17:00 1997

Just to add my two penneth (Hi Simon/Martin etc)

My top 3 would be Alan Wycherley, Pete Roberts and Brian Evans - probably=

in that order. The sop players who play with total control and a nice ton=
are like rocking horse sh**. I grew up listening to Alan W playing and
still admire it even now. Pete Roberts is also quite amazing - he can pla=
very load (but controlled) yet still produce quality in the pp sections.

Brian Evans (in his heyday) was a little before my time. Whilst I feel hi=
style is a little old fashioned, he played with such passion that is rare=
ly
heard these days.

I'm not a big Crockford fan BUT I too have sat with him on numerous
occasions and it's difficult to really fault him; balls like steel,
confidence like the hulk etc.

I hope this dude from Bournemouth is as good as some people have said - t=
he
movement is crying out for good quality sop players. I suppose he'll only=

make a name for himself if he auditions for one of the top bands up north=
=2E

Craig Bennett
Soprano Cornet - Desford.