Re: Hello from Japan

Kiyoko,

Konnichi wa.

Welcome to the Brass Band List.

I was fortunate enough to come out to Tokyo with the NSK-RHP Ransome Band
from Newark, England in November 1996.

I seem to remember there being some players from the Band of the Black Colt
at our concert at the ABC Concert Hall. Were you there ?

Although not a regular member of the band (I was recruited at the last minute
to fill a vacant top trombone chair) I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the
band and say what a great time we had in your country.  For me it was a once
in a lifetime opportunity and if there are any members of the NSK-RHP Ransome
Band on the mailing list then I would like to again pass on my gratitude for
letting me in on such a wonderful trip.  I'd also like to say well done at
the Nationals - it was great to see all the guys again.

I hope I someday get chance to visit Japan again....we ran a pretty hectic
schedule and it would be nice to take a more relaxed trip.

Hope you enjoy the list Kiyoko and don't worry about the English ......"Eigo
ga totemo o-jozu desu ne"  (I think I got that right -- "Your English is very
good").

regards

Richard Batten
Bass Trombone
Ancient Order of Foresters Band, Leicester.