Soprano cornet top 3 now closed

Thanks to everyone who expressed a view on who their top 3 soprano players
were.  It seems the clear favourite is Alan Wycherley, with lots of the
same names appearing just behind him.  The subject is now closed, so maybe
you can all concentrate on 2nd baritone.............

Apologies to all who got upset at my comment that the best sop players are
up north.  I think there is an element of truth in it, mainly because the
best known players are in the best known bands (not necessarily the best
bands), which are generally in the north.  The comment was said really to
spark debate, which it certainly did!!

I think we are sometimes too blinkered in the north and are quite naive,
because there clearly are some great players all around the UK.  Its just a
pity that some of them will not relocate to the north, because at times
most bands could certainly do with more people applying for positions.
Even now that Brighouse have recently won in London, 2 soloists have just
left (1 to Grimethorpe, 1 to Dyke), plus a back row cornet player due to
work, and its not easy filling their positions.  And I know that other top
bands sometimes struggle.

Right, I've said my bit now, subject closed.  Thankyou.

Martin Irwin.