Re: FW: Norwich

>What can you tell me of British Brass Bands in the Norwich area?  My great
>great grandfather emigrated from there to the USA in 1832, and the Taylor
>men have been brass players ever since.  I am bass trombonist of the
>Wyoming SO, and arranger for the Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps.

The bands that I know exist or existed recently are;
Mathews Norfork Brass, Was the Reepham Band before the turkey sponsorship.
Norwich Brewery Brass Band
Norwich Salvation Army Band
Sprowston Brass Band
I think there is a wind/youth band in Wymondham.

I believe there were many more town/village bands in the 1800s. The names
of which fail me.

Go Troopers! (I'm a Phantom fan myself)

\_\_\_      \_\_\_	  Dean Rayner
 \_   \_     \_   \_	City of York Scouts   Founder Member-97
  \_   \_     \_\_\_	Cybercorps 1994 - oblivion
   \_\_\_      \_   \_      Internett Cafe Band '96
    http://www.drayner.demon.co.uk/	dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx