Re: Hendon

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, andy wooler wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a clue as to whether or not Hendon band is still
> in existence?

As far as I know, they are one of the eight remaining bands playing at
Reading tomorrow (Saturday 15th November). However, I have heard (through
slightly dubious sources) that they are having a variety of
percussion/conductor/player problems.

The line-up for Reading (as far as I know) is:

Aveley + Newham
City of Oxford
Camborne
Hendon
Kidlington
Lydbrook
Sovereign
Woodfalls

(although by the time you read this, the contest will probably be over,
and we will have heard what is left of Hendon band).

Cameron Mabon
Cornet, City of Oxford Band, Fundamental Brass