Re: Barclays bank brass band

Steven Booth wrote :

> Quick bit of publicity :
>
> Concert by the Barclays Bank Brass Band (No we haven't sold it yet !) of
> which myself, Richard Batten & a couple of other list members are part, -
> Wednesday 19th November, at the Scout Hall (oposite SA building) in
> Northampton.
> Solos by Richard Batten (Bass Trom) & myself (Baritone) - among others

The Barclays Bank Brass  Band - is that still going ?

I was at the inaugural rehearsal of that band - in Leicester, I
think, around 1981 or thereabouts?

Any original members still there?  Sorry I can't remember any names
after all this time!

My clearest memory of the first rehearsal was that a couple of the
cornet players refused to move the tuning slides of their
instruments, because "they were in tune with their own bands, and
they were worried that they might not get back in tune again
afterwards"

Brass banding at its finest !!!!

Ian McKechnie
<mckechnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>