Blackpool Coal Board Contest

Anybody got all the results from the contest in Blackpool on Saturday?

We played "Portrait Of Brunel" by Patrick Rivers, and I felt that it was
an
awful piece, both to play, and adjudicate.

I've heard sweeter chords from a band of Klaxons... And no, it's not just=

Standish playing it badly, it's just not possible to play it WELL...
Correctly, maybe, but not to make it sound good...

Anybody else played this piece?

Regards,
Ian Fishwick
Principal Trombone, Standish Brass Band