What's the British opinion of American bands?

Just out of curiosity, what is the opinion of the British (and Australian,
New Zealander, etc...) bandsmen on the sound of the USA's top bands?

I know many over here hold bands like Dyke, Grimethorpe, et.al in a sort of
reverance. As for American bands, I feel the Chicago Staff Band, Brass Band
of Columbus, Brass Band of Battle Creek, Illinois Brass Band, and, of
course, Pershing's Own US Army Brass Band (possibly the best band this
side of the Atlantic) are of comparable quality of musicianship to some of
Britain's top amatuer bands.

Hopefully we can all keep this civil and not make it a who's better than
who, just a discussion of opinions :)

Regards,
Matt LaFontaine

The All Star Brass and Percussion Solo Euphonium
NABBA Honors Section