Re: THE BIG SOUND!

The biggest "organ-like" sound I've heard was in 1994 with Grimethorpe
at
Royal Academy of Music and they played Paganini-Variations. I've never
heard so much balanced sound. And the tubas !!!!!. What enourmous Bb-tuba
sound ! Maybe they had a compressor with air there......:-)

Number two must be "Variations on an Enigma" with Eikanger Bjørsvik in the
Grieghall of Bergen at the national championships in 198?.....Impressive !

Number three is Manger Musikklag (norwegian again !) for over 15 years
ago
with Bergen Oriatorikor (Opera choir) in the chirch of Manger. They played
a piece which I don't remember the name on, but it is about Johannes
Revelations. Enourmous  sound that made impressions to a little girl. I
thought the heaven was falling down !
Somebody knows the name of the piece or composer ???

Elisabeth Morken
Norwegian Eb-tuba player