From: Phil Green
Sent: 24 November 1997 08:22
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: THE BIG SOUND!

On 23 Nov 97 at 0:06, loz wrote:

. The list is endless, so come on and give me the
> top three most amazing and monstorous perfomances ever heard on the
> planet.

Hi Loz, I didn't know that you knew words like 'monstrous', let
alone how to spell them !!. (well nearly !!)
My three faves :-

Black Dyke - Heatons 'Contest Music' - Europeans early 80's (82 ?)

Black Dyke - Gregsons 'Conotations' - about the same time - despite
John Cloughs massive split on the penultimate note.

Black Dyke - Pagannini Variations - Yorkshire area.  Dave Kings
reading was the first and only one that made sense to me that day,
despite them coming absolutely no-where.

On personal note the favourite performance I took part in was the
'Masters' 1996 - Ray Steadman Allens ' Hymn at Sunrise'.  Thought we
should have won and  completed the Hat-trick.  Thats the only time I
couldn't believe someone had beaten us in my whole time in banding.
We got second to Faireys who played last.

Cheers,

Phil Green.
Solo EEb Bass
Fodens (Courtois) Band.

"I'm not a musician - just an instrumentalist"