Re: What's the British opinion of American bands?

On 24 Nov 97 at 9:26, SEMarcus@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 11/24/97 7:57:19 AM, you wrote:
>
> <<Just out of curiosity, what is the opinion of the British (and
> Australian, New Zealander, etc...) bandsmen on the sound of the
> USA's top bands? >>
>
> Moreover, are our British brass friends pleased and/or enthusiastic
> about the North Americans picking up the brass band traditions, or
> do they feel that we're "invading their sacred territory?"  ("Will
> those Yanks ever get it right?")

Definately NOT.  The more people who get involved the better.  And as
for getting it right - banding had been going on for over 100 years
here and so far only our band have ever got it right.  Or should that
be  that only the band I play for 'at the time' get it right ??!!
				 :-[)}

Regards,

Phil Green.
Solo EEb Bass
Fodens (Courtois) Band.

"I'm not a musician - just an instrumentalist"