Re: Ern Keller

Hi there all, after the recent posting allow me to just pass on a little
more information to the list about this undoughtably prestigious event.

There is actually a lot more to this than just a solo competition however
as far as solo competition goes in Australia it DOES NOT get any better
than this. Every state is usually represented by their champion soloist and
a representative from New Zealand as well.  We, St Marys Brass are quite
proud of what this event has become.

The day also includes the "Ern Keller Band of the Year" where by invitation
only four bands compete in a concert program supposedly not lasting much
more than about twenty minutes each. We have also for the first time this
year introduced a quartet championship where we invite four or five
quartets to compete. This is the first time we are doing this so I have no
idea how it will turn out but I believe it will be the toughest quartet
contest available also. St Marys has  played in our state quartet
championships for the last few years and entries are less than flattering.

For all those reasonably locals that haven't experienced this event before
and those who just need to know, it will be held on Sunday the 22nd of
February next year so come along and experience a really good Band day.

We at St Marys are the events only sponsor providing the venue,  prize
money for all sections not to mention the organisation that goes into such
an event and our invited soloists are always very well looked after.

I'll be interested to hear any comments from Bands soloists or MD's who
have competed in the past.

Happy Banding
Steve Harlow
Baritone