Re:THE BIG SOUND!

Hello,

'THE BIG SOUND' for me as follows;

1) Yorkshire Building Soc. playing "ISAIAH 40" at The Nationals
   last year, striking my jet lagging head at the morning.
   Nice controlled, but relaxed.
2) William Fairey Engineering playing "Diversions for Brass
   Band" (D.Bourgeois) at The Nationals 1986.
   It was my first trip to UK and at The Nationals, so all
   the band playing felt 'BIG SOUND' for me.   But it was the special.

And the last were 'BLACK DYKE MILLS' playing performances in Japan 1984
with Major Peter Parkes.   'Wellington Citadel Band' (I can't remember
the spell) and 'Layland Vehicles' came to Japan before, but they played
only at the Tokyo.   'BDM' were playing at the main cities in Japan,
and their playing were broadcasted all over the Japan.   Perhaps, it was
the first contact for the Japanese players who didn't know about brass
bands at all.
It was very 'BIG SOUND' for us, isn't it?

YOURS IN BRASS!!
Kiyoko Abe
The Band of the Black Colt :  JAPAN
1st Baritone