Re: Student Trombones

In message <199711271547.PAA21520@xxxxxxxxxxx>, William Dee
<wpdee@xxxxxx> writes
>Dear List,
>
>I have been recently asked for adivce on buying a trombone for a 12 year old
>beginner. His parents have been offered a Vincent Bach 300, although I
>notice most companies offer a student model for around the same price. Has
>anyone on the list any experience of "student" trombones, and the best
>models to buy? It is always great to see parents taking an interest, and I
>would hate to see them get a bad deal.
>
>William Dee

The Bach 300 series is also considered a student or amateur model.
Bach's professional range is called the Stradivarius series.

I play on a Bach Strad and I know you can't go wrong with them - as for
the 300 series, my guess is it would be a pretty safe bet.
--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.