Re: Re ISB Albert Hall

I will admit that I am jumping 'mid stream' into this thread, but I wanted
to point out what I thought was a bit of an error.  You list all of the
composers below who had an S.A. influence.  (Influence?  They've heard
about the Army?  Seen the Mr. Bean special with that Army ensemble?  I
digress...) I dare any member of the list to ignore the hugely spiritual
Resurgam which was written for a contest by Eric Ball.  For many decades it
was the only piece of music to exist both as a Salvation Army title and be
available elsewhere.  That's how 'religious' the Salvation Army thought the
piece was - they allowed it into the repetoire.  I will agree that other
pieces written by Army "influenced" composers is not always of a religious
nature, but I disagree that none of it is.