Re: Christmas comes but once a year

-----Original Message-----
From: Darrall Cutting <darrall@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, 3 December 1997 9:29
Subject: Fw: Christmas comes but once a year

>>>Matthew Booth wrote;

>>>========================================================
In Oz, (Sydney), there are many "Carols By Candlelight" religious ceremonies
held outdoors in local parks or school grounds. Lots of carols are sung by
little
choir groups and the audience, as they all sit on blankets on the ground,
and light hand-held candles as it gets dark.

Our band, Warringah Concert Brass, always plays carols for our local
ceremony, free of charge.

We have a major fund-raising venture every Christmas, whereby we roster
small groups of half a dozen players to wander the local streets, playing
carols at random. Most households come out and give us a dollar or two
Sometimes, guests at Christmas parties will all dob in for us to play
several carols in the front yard, frequently totalling $50 for a few minutes
work.
Last year we made $1600 this way!

Afterwards, we generally repair to the local tavern for a couple of beers
(excluding the kids of course).

Darrall Cutting
darrall@xxxxxxxxxx
Windows 95: (noun),
32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a
16 bit patch to an
8 bit operating system originally coded for a
4 bit microprocessor; written by a
2 bit company that can't stand
1 bit of competition.