RE: Ratby Band.. sorry, Ratbeh!

Hi Pete,

It is now the Ratby Cooperative Band, the band is for the first time in
about 10 years back in the Championship section, an achievment that
everyone in the band is proud of. There are now thankfully only two
rehersals a week with not quite so many concerts. We still do a fairly
large number of foreign tours, Spain, and Germany in the last couple of
years. The newmans and Plants are indeed still involved, there are 9
members involved in playing in the organisation and Phil Plant and
Violet Plant still do a hell of a lot of work for the band.

I think you probably mean Stuart Osgood - he is now conducting Enderby
Youth last time I heard. Don't know about Gillian, perhaps Becky will
have heard of her(Becky as you can see is a Plant and is Steve and
Lynne's daughter - and not to embarass her she is also a very good
trombone player).

David Brooks is the president of the band but he doesn't have anything
to do with the day to day running now.

If you were there in the 70s does this mean that you played in the Grand
Shield when they qualified for the open? I joined the band about 5/6
years ago and I am now band manager, my aim is to see the band back in
the Grand Shield again.

The current format of the band is,

Training Band,
Junior Band,
Mid Band,  (4th section)
Senior Band.

Between these bands I think we have around 110 members, we have a very
strong organisation which I can put my hand on my heart and say that
there will always be a band at Ratby as long as banding is still going,
we don't rely on any major sponsorships and we have plenty of devoted
players.

Cheers
Phil