Re: 97 British Open

Steven

In a message dated 18/01/98 23:09:21 GMT, you write:

<< Congratulations to YBS on their Open win.

 199 points - that must have been some performance ! Did anyone hear it ?

 Steven Booth >>

Yes, and it's seems to be a general opinion that 199 points were a 'tad'
genorous. Out of all the soloist, I think only 3 finished without a blemish. I
must admit that the flugel was probably the best (and most stylish) throughout
the day, and Peter Roberts on soprano making sure the last few chords kept the
upper octave. Regarding the trombone playing by YBS, I thought you were 'let
off' the odd split here and there by the adjudicators, but bad tuning was
punished very harshly. Perhaps someone could confirm this ?

The dynamics of Faireys was something to behold, and should have won solely on
that aspect alone!!!

Regarding your problems with e-mail's................I know someone who is
developing the e-mail system for Barclays Bank. I'll put you in touch!!!!!!!

Regards
Jonathan