YAMAHA TENOR HORNS

Tenor Horn Players:- you opinions please.

After taking some 7 years off from banding, I took up the horn again in April
of 1997. On joining my current band, I found that they play Yamaha Maestro
horns. Previously I had always played sovereign. Initially I thought that the
poor sound quality in general and bad tuning in the lower register were due to
me being so badly out of practice. However, after 8 months back I have noticed
not much of an improvement! Whilst I wouldnt claim to be the worlds best horn
player, I dont think I am the worlds worst either!!!

Does any one else on the list have any experience of playing Yamaha?

I would be interested in hearing the views of tenor horn players who play
yamaha or sovereign, and particularly anyone who has experienced both.

Maybe Les McCormack would like to pass an opinion on current sovereigns (I
think thats what Dyke play)?

Jim Britcliffe
United Co-op Band (Crewe)