Re: Composing for Brass Band

Dear List,
	going back to Mark's original question, does anyone know of any
books on composing and arranging for band?  Or are there any general tips
anyone can pass on?
	I have vague grade 5 memories about not having any/many major
thirds, and no moving 5ths, but our conductor (ex-sgt major) reckons thirds
aren't too bad and moving 5ths can sound good.  So now I'm just confused.
His opinion is that it's best just to do eight bars, get them played and
learn from your mistakes.

Darren

--
Darren Ashman,  Principal Cornet and Secretary
City of Cambridge Brass Band,  UK