Re: JOKE

On 12 Feb 98 at 8:52, Janet Lewis wrote:

>      This message has been forwarded to me.  Hope you all find it as
>      amusing as I did.
>
>      Janet Lewis
>      Besses o' th' Barn Band
>
>      PS.  If you didn't appreciate it, tough, DON'T clogg the list
>      up to let me know.

>      The origination of this letter is unknown, but it brings good
>      luck to everyone who passes it on.  The one who breaks the
>      chain will have bad luck.  Do not keep this letter.  Do not
>      send money. Just forward it to five of your friends to whom you
>      wish good luck. You will see that something good happens to you
>      four days from now if the chain is not broken. You will receive
>      good luck in four days. >>> >>>>

Yes, I was amused to read the joke, but if that is all that you
wanted us to read and enjoy why did you have to include the above
message ??
This, to me anyway, is as bad as sending a friend a chain letter.  In
this group it could be defined as SPAM.  Putting pressure on people
in this way, especially supposed friends (I presume that in a way we
are all friends), is just out of order.

What does anyone else think ???

BTW, I wont be forwarding the joke OR the nasty little message at the
end of it to anyone.

Regards,

Phil Green.
Solo EEb Bass
Fodens (Courtois) Band.

"I'm not a musician - just an instrumentalist"