Out of tune/out of sorts- Flugels

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:14:45 +0000, you wrote:

>At 19:07 13/02/98 +0000, you wrote:
>>>Any flugel players out there? Can anyone recomend a good model? I know
>>>Holton are bringing out a "Arturo Sandoval" model, has anyone tried
one?

>>Courtois 155R is my favourite.
>
>I was always sort of happy with my Bach, but I could believe there might=
 be
>something better.....
>Dave White

mmmm... I have recently been trying out a few flugels. I have been
playing a Bach 183 goldbrass bell for about ten years which although
not perfect is a pretty good alroung blow in terms of intonation and a
nice sound (esp. with this bell).

As the thread started about the Holton "ARTURO SANDOVAL" flugel...this
hasnot yet arrived in the country (to the best of my knowledge)...I
did the review in the BB for the holton F101....(which was suprisingly
good)  i should have first hands on the Sandoval when it arrives.

I have currently been trying the Richard Smith flugel (smith and
watkins) and the Kanstul, both of whch play really nice............we
could go on forever......... its all down to taste once you get past
the really appalling tuning problems some flugels have........careful
lads!!!! you know how sensitive i am

beter the devil you know me thinks!!!

Simon Stonehouse
=46aireys band

p.s

don't like the courtois for me....too big (literally) not bore.

p.p.s

most flugels are not designed too be used with the d/wick 4FL (4 FT
DEEP!!)