RE: Midlands Area

>Any feedback from the Midlands Area??  I have my opinions, but I'd be
>interested to hear from any impartial listeners out there.

Can't say much about the results, as i only heard Rolls and Ransome with Desford
through a door in the Championship section. I heard a rumour that Desford were
hiding at a pub somewhere so noone could see who they had playing for them!

Apart from that, we (University of Warwick) were obviously happy with winning
the fourth section, not bad for a band who did its' first contest in December, a
100% record in fourth section so far. In case anyone should be wondering
though, none of us are music students, there is no music degree here.

The room wasn't great, rather a lack of response, whcih makes it difficult to tell
how well you are playing. Anyway here's looking forward to Harrogate and the
lower section finals in September.

Simon Loukes
Bb Bass University of Warwick Brass Band
(Among others)