Re: Wooden mouthpieces

Hi Nigel

When I worked at Forsyth's music shop in Manchester, we sold a few wooden
mouthpieces, and needless to say I "market researched" them beforehand!  I
found that they were generally comfortable, and the fact that they were
wooden meant that they were already "warmed up".  However, I road tested
one at band for a period of time, and found that my lip got tired more
quickly with it - I also felt I didn't have the same control as with a
metal one.  I also grew very sick of the woody-polishy-burnt smell of it!
After a while, they smell like old tobacco tins......I'm definitely
sticking to my Denis Wick!

I don't know if other members of the list have tried them and found
differently?

Pam