Re: RE: Midlands Area

> It really did seem to me that James Scott took quite a lot of time
>  getting the top few places sorted out I'm not convinced that he was
>  that bothered about the rest. The remarks that we had didn't really
>  tell us anything that we had done wrong, we as a band didn't gain
>  anything whatsoever. Alot of our band said that they would really like
>  to have sat down afterwards with the adjudicator afterwards just to
>  find out what it was he was looking for - this wasn't so they could
>  tear him limb from limb but just to ask some questions.

Phil,
I really can't agree more.  Again, it's difficult for me to be impartial
because we came 12/16 at London & Southern Counties.  I hope this doesn't
sound like 'sour grapes', because it's not intended like that at all.

Philip McCann said that it was going to be down to the horn solo.  Our solo
horn had a particularly bad day (shit happens sometimes), but the rest of
the band played rather well (IMO).  In fact, the adjudicator's comments
said exactly that:  very good interpretation by the MD, good section work,
good playing, (mostly) good balance.  Having heard some of the other bands
(congrats to the qualifiers btw) I know that we weren't on to win.
However, it would be interesting to discuss what the rest of the 27 players
could have done to get a better result.

Darren

--
Darren Ashman,  Principal Cornet and Secretary
City of Cambridge Brass Band,  UK