Re: Midlands Area

In message <01BD4CD0.2C2F2E40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Phil Sturdy
<phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Hi Tim,
>
>Sorry I can't really give you impartial views because we received such a poor
>result. We felt that we had played alot better than 11th. In fact a lot of
>impartial people I spoke to had us at about the mid way mark.

Phil (and all - except Norm Harris, this message is probably going to
rattle your cage again, so take a deep breath and ignore it),

Our conductor spoke to James Scott on the phone this week and he said
that our first movement was excellent, our second movement was not quite
so good and our third movement was far and away the best all day.  As
I'm sure everyone else who has played Montage out there will know, the
third movement contains some of the most difficult passages in any
modern brass band piece.  Just as he was in the first section, Jim Scott
was judging the piece on slow stuff alone.  We knew we'd played that 3rd
movement well, and we knew that no other band there could touch us on
it.  To have the adjudicator reinforce that view and still place us 7th
is more than a little annoying. :)

Best wishes,
--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.
http://www.fylde.demon.co.uk/sov/sov.htm