FW: Wooden mouthpieces

As a wood turner I am interested if any of the group have dimension details
and what type of wood was used for these mouthpieces. It "SOUNDS" like an
interesting poroject.

Len Turnbull

> >Hi,
> >
> >I saw a wooden mouthpiece for the first time today.  Does anyone on the
list
> >use one?  Maybe they'd like to tell us about it?  What are the
advantages?

> >Nigel Wears

I know a couple of players who have developed allergies to metal
mouthpieces, causing swelling and sore lips.  One did try a wooden
mouthpieces but found that after a couple of months it became marked
on the rim and 'somewhat smelly'.  They now use clear plastic ones
which are cheaper, longer lasting and possibly more hygenic...

David