Re: Contesting - Was: Re: Adjudication Correct?

Well said  Cameron, but,why then is the topic of "bad adjudication" aired
after every contest.  It probably is the same the world over and I know
"even we Australians do it" .Our band is heavily involved in running a
dance competition and it's no different there ,everybody minus one thinks
the adjudicator was wrong .

On the subject of whinging (see I probably cant even spell it)  someone
(over or up there) was complaining about having to go to the other side of
London to contest "wow",as it was too far. The national contest in Aus'
this year is in Melbourne, thats 600 miles from Newcastle where my band is
1100 miles from the Brisbane bands 3000 odd miles for those at the top of
Queensland and goodness only knows how many miles from Monkeys base 5 hours
flying time from me. Your bands would have to go to Russia or America if
you compare distances.  Now remember that none of the Aus' bands are
sponsered  with the exception perhaps of Midland brick from Perth and they
don't travel every year . Now thats distance and I wonder how your bands
would cope .

But for all that we still go, Wallibies ,Kangaroos and all.

Almost forgot, we know how you poms travel we've just had one of your
cultural icons visit us,  Oasis   .
Viva las Manchester.

Lighten up we'll soon be playing you at Cricket and Rugby league again but
thats another subject.

Ron Grice.
M.D.W.M.B.B.