L+SC Areas!

I'm extremely drunk. I have just had a kebab and drunk ten pints of beer
(admittedly a rather paltry total - I will drink more tomorrow!).

I have just returned from the London and Southern Counties Areas
(Championship Section), where the results were as follows:

1. Aveley and Newham
2. CITY OF OXFORD (featuring the legendary Alastair Wheeler and Cameron
Mabon!!!!!)
3. Redbridge
4. Clacton on Sea (I think)

I can't remember how many points we got, but James Scott said that two
bands stood out on the day for playing the piece ("Montage") musically.
Our principal cornet, Jo Henderson, won the best cornet prize. She didn't
play as well as she could have done, but nevertheless made the solos
sound easy.

We weren't sure that we'd played well enough to come in the top two
because the third movement was not good. Our soprano player had a "'mare"
and came in in completely the wrong place at one point. However, we
appear to have applied the proverbial foot to buttock in the first two
movements! Consequently, we're going to the Albert Hall and we all got
very drunk!!! (although we somehow managed not to have a curry!).

I would be interested to read the full results from Basildon. I think
Morrells (Kidlington) came fifth or sixth. Hendon and Staines withdrew.

Hello to David and Angela, whom we met when in an intoxicated stupor...

Cameron

--
  Cameron Mabon (International Idiot)	   cmabon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Piano, cornet and duck-call