London Results

I have just visited the "Brass Band World" site and have seen the name of
the City of Oxford Band with a big "Y" beside it, indicating that we have
qualified for the Finals at the Royal Albert Hall!!!!!

The band has worked extremely hard over the last five years, having
worked their way up from being a struggling second section band to
becoming one of the best bands in the country (well, in this area at
least!!!!!). The best thing about the band is that we are not sponsored.
We do not have very much money at all: there are no "retainers" or
expenses paid. We all play because we love playing! I cannot adequately
express how happy I (and the rest of the band) are at the moment. We know
we deserved to qualify for the Finals, but it is still an amazing feeling
when it actually happens!!

I apologise if I have been unduly enthusiastic!!!

Regards,

A thouroughly ecstatic,

Cameron

P.S. See you in the Albert Hall in Novemeber!!

--
  Cameron Mabon (International Idiot)	   cmabon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Piano, cornet and duck-call