Re: News from the Horne household

Nigel Horne wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Tomorrow (Monday 15/3) I start work with a new company. Unlike Nortel I shall
> be working miles away from home and can't expect to be able to get home each
> day (such seems to be the modern way of life).
>
> Naturally this will put an end (well maybe more of a lid rather than an end)
> to my hobbies. One of which is that it's likely to kill off my conducting
> career, though I shall do my best to ensure that doesn't happen. The other is
> the running of this list, which is where you all come in.
>
> In the immediate future I don't expect there to be much change, I shall still
> be living at home and will be able to log in to Demon to run the list twice
> a day as at the moment, it'll just be earlier (before I go to work) and later
> (when I get back). During those days when I am not at home I shall ask Sharon
> to login to run the list. This means you'll still get your daily dose, but
> it also means that I shan't be around to deal with administrivia. This won't
> necessarily be a bad thing as recently this has taken up one or two hours a
> day so some of my sanity may come back.
>
> I shall try to deal with misdirected listserver commands, incorrect commands
> and bouncing mail at weekends, as and when I can.
>
> I don't expect that the music publishing side will be affected as Sharon
> pretty much does all that now.
>
> Above all please be patient with me!
>
> -Nigel
>
> --
> Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Conductor.
> njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.smsltd.demon.co.uk/music.htm
>
> --
Nigel,
All the best with your new employment. Sorry to hear you have to travel
so far, but as you say it seems to be the sign of the times these days.

We wish you all the best for the future and hope you and Sharon won't
face a too daunting task with the list, which I certainly have come to
rely on and enjoy immensely.

Regards from Vancouver B.C.
Larry White
--