Re: Registration

Andy Wooler wrote:

<snip re registration, rules , etc.>

>If there are any members of the BFBB management committee, the NCC or
>Boosey & Hawkes staff involved in the National Contest/ National registry
>reading this, please get yourselves together and sort it out!
>
>ps: if you agree with my views and know any of the people who can change
>this, please feel free to pass on copies of any postings from me on this
>subject.

As this doesn't fall directly within my job description at the National
Brass Band Centre I cannot comment in any detail except to state that you're
not the first person I've heard make comments along these lines.

As I understand it there is currently a small conflict between the
contesting rules and the registry rules.  I am not an expert on the details
of the rules so cannot elaborate much more.

You comments have been noted and will be passed on to the Registry and the
BFBB management committee.  However, as both theNational Championships  and
the Registry are still owned by B&H (but managed by other agencies) it is
they who we need to educate into changing the rules...

Peter Denton
Development Officer
National Brass Band Centre
___
Peter Denton

Although I work at the National Brass Band Centre these are my own personal
comments and not necessarily a statement of the BFBB's or the BBHT's
official policies.