Re[2]: News from the Horne household

>is this a very stupid question????
     Yes it is ;o)

>but why don't we change the list into a conventional usenet
>group??????????
     I can give you a couple of reasons for a start...

     Some people (maybe the majority?) cannot read usenet news.

     Newsgroups are open to a lot of abuse (admittedly they can be
     moderated), some of the stuff that gets posted on even the most
     innocent of groups can be highly offensive (to some people).

     I used to run a football mailing list (for about 2 years) and I have
     the upmost admiration for anyone who can put up with all the hassles
     involoved.

     So thanks Nigel for an excellent service...

     Mark Tanser
     Abismal Soprano player
     Hathern Band