Re: City of Oxford Travesty

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, John Underwood wrote:

> Firstly, let me introduce myself. I am one of your "mean spirited",
> "spiteful" Oxford & District Association (ODBBA) representatives on
> the London & Southern Counties Regional Committee (L&SCRC).
>
> You may be surprised to learn that all members of the L&SCRC are
> associated with one band or another. You note I say "associated",
> they don't represent them on the committee. If you think about it the
> contest is hardly likely to be run by people with no connection with
> the band movement.

In a further email, I did make an apology for making these statements. I
did not mean to imply that any individual on the committee would be
biased per se, but that they would inherently have some prejudice because
of the bands with thich they are associated.

I am writing of my own volition, and have not spoken to anyone from City
of Oxford about my posts to the mailing list. I thought I would ask for
opinions on the potential disqualification, in the hope that most people
would agree that if we were to be disqualified (or indeed, any band were
disqualified for the same error) it would not be in the spirit of banding.

I further realise that the accusations (or, at least, suggestions) I may
have levelled against the members of the committee were not in this same
spirit, for which I can only apologise.

I cannot claim to represent the City of Oxford organisation (although, as
I said in my original post, I probably share the views of the rest of the
band), and anything I write here is only my opinion and my way of
expressing it. You will understand, no doubt, that emotions are running
high at the moment and that my choice of vocabulary may not always be ideal.

Regards,

Cameron

--
  Cameron Mabon (International Idiot)	   cmabon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx