Re: City of Oxford Travesty -Reply

Phil Green wrote:

The NCC is made up of the same people who pick
Bill Relton to adjudicate at the Nationals every year, that shows how
much they know about current banding.

Wow Phil, you seem not be very pleased with Bill. Why? And why you mention
'current' banding? Is current banding better or different  then banding from say
15 years ago (as Bill was there too those times). I feel the reason Dyke was
indeed superior 15 years ago would still count today (although they've currently
lost those reasons, sorry again Dyke fans).
Indeed, we all notice (also international) that the boxes are always made up of
the same names: Bill Relton, David Read, James Scott, Geoffrey Brand and some
doubtfull (ex-)PJ- members (there we go again Monkey).

We might have a problem while maybe the best adjudicators are always on stage
conducting a band. At the end they know exactly why one band is better then
another. Although in Belgium we never got Peter Parkes, Howard Snell, Richard
Evans or other names either in our nationals box. WHY ? No idea.

How does the list feel about putting in the box:
1. Brassband conductors
2. Conductors but not from the brassband world, say philharmonic orchestras,
wind bands,.... (Norway is sometimesy doing this)
3. Instrumentalists (not just brass)
4. Composers
5. ...

Who should be your favourite trio and why? (Enlighten me Phil about Bill).
I know this issue must have been on the list before, but with all the new ones
on it who have surely missed it before, it remains to be interesting.

Greetings,
Edy Van Asch
Metropole Brass Band, Belgium