Re: North East Area Results

Adrian

Thanks for the results - a couple of points:

> Hi - Here's the results from the North East Area :
>
> Championship Section
>
> 1st     E.Y.M.S - John Roberts
> 2nd     British Steel Teeside - Graham O'Connor
> 3rd     Every Ready - Nick Childs
> 4th     Northumbria Police - David Hirst
> 5th     Newcastle Brown Ale - John Hudson
> 6th     Vickers Barrow - Derek Broadbent
> 7th     Fishburn - Ian Robinson
> 8th     Easington - John Bell
> 9th     Skipton - H.Lorriman
>
> Was anyone at the contest - what did you think of E.Y.M.S's performance
> - I didn't think it was good enough for 1st place, as did quite a few
> other people.

Didn't hear them (in the pub!) but I've felt like that for a couple
of years now...   Still, three in a row - they must be doing
something right and all credit to John R who has only had the band
since Christmas.

> 1st Section
>
> 1st     Cottingham      - 192 - R Grantham
> 2nd     Boldon Colliery - 191 - S Malcolm
> 3rd     Flookburgh      - 188 - A Lewis

Great win for Cottingham who have now won third, second and first
sections in successive years.  Flookburgh were in fact conducted by
Malcolm Brownbill.

> 2nd Section
>
> 1st     Rowntree	- 186 - C Hirst
> 2nd     Greggs Bakery   - 185 - Jimmy Shepherd
> 3rd     Harrogate       - 184 - David Lancaster

Yes folks - we miss playing at the Harrogate finals by one point!
Still we are very pleased with the result in our first year up in
this section.  Especially frustrating is the fact that Nick Childs
said that the top three were outstanding and he couldn't really
separate second and third...  Did anyone else spot that Rowntree's
played the whole of the last section at double tempo having misread
the 'crotchet equals crotchet' direction at letter S?  Sour grapes,
me?  Never!

> 3rd Section
>
> 1st     Yarm	    - 182 - Tim Oldroyd
> 2nd     Vaux Samson     - 181 - Bob Morton
> 3rd     Billingham      - 180 - Vaughn Evans
>
> 4th Section
>
> 1st     Westoe	  - 180 - Chris Bentham
> 2nd     Dearham	 - 179 - J.Ireland
> 3rd     South Milford   - 178 - G.Walker

Cheers
David