Re: NABBC convention 1998

Hi all

In case anyone is interested,  the NABBC (National Association of Brass Band
Conductors) is holding its annual convention & AGM on the weekend of 25th /
26th of April (1998), at the Jarvis Aubrey Hotel  Hemel Hempstead  (england)
near to Junction 8 of the M1 motorway.

There are still some places left and you don't have to be a member to attend.
As long as you are a brass band enthusiat you will have a wonderfull weekend
of banding & fellowship.  With some of the top conductors in the country
attending, it is an excellent oppertunity to learn from these people in a
relaxed "social" manner.

The programme for the weekend includes a session entitled "The Percussionist
is a Musician Also", which is being presented by Paul Cameron who is professor
of percussion at Kneller Hall, & a session about bands & radio broardcasting
lead by the producer of Listen to the Band, Phil Whitticker.

On the Saturday evening there is the annual dinner with guest speaker Peter
Wilson (the editor of the British Bandsman), and afterwards there is usually
the odd beer or two sunk etc.

The cost of the complete weekend is £ 78-00  including all meals and coffee
etc.  If you want to stay an extra night (either Fri or Sunday) this costs £
30-00.  There are rates for single days etc., & If you would like further
details of these or of the weekend you can e-mail me and I will send them to
you, or you could contact the organiser of this years convention:

David E Loftus  MICFM				    Tel:  0181  898
 5509
72 Nelson Road
Whitton
Twickenham						   Moblie:  0378
401 942
Middlesex
TW2 7AU

Thanks for reading this long mail,  but if you come I am sure you will have a
fabulous time.   I hope to meet some of you there.

Regards

John Davis
Hon Sec  Number 3 area NABBC

PS  if this year is booked up in your diary  then look out for the 1999
convention at the Golf Hotel  at Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire  (24th / 25th
April 1999)