re:A story......... and Tameside Contest.

Message text written by Alec Gallagher
>>A musician died of a brain injury yesterday when the trombonist behind
him
>threw the slide of his trombone forward and struck the trumpeter in the
>back of the head.<

Must have been a Bass Trombonist!

>According to members of the audience, trombonist Paul Yotheren, 25, "got=

>carried away" with the music. He started jumping up and down and spinnin=
>around as he played. At one point, he lunged forward and the rounded met=
al
>slide on his instrument hit trumpet player Andy Stead, 59, dropping him
>instantly to the ground.

Monkey? Is this your style?

>"Yotheren was moving the slide very fast," said the post mortem examiner=

>Dr. A. Foolday. "But it wasn't just the force of the blow that killed
>Stead. "The slide struck him in the worst possible place - the vulnerabl=
>spot just behind and below the left ear. "Bone fragments pierced his
>brain, killing him instantly."

The thing is, and I can see the point that's trying to be made, some peop=
le
just don't like anything NOT related to brass banding to be seen on here,=

which usually includes funny stories... But this is one is about a brass
band, or at least a brass player.

IMHO, the best thing to spread is a smile, and I think humour, brass band=

related or not, is fine. Let's not start another argument over this,
please....

Of course, not being one to send a pointless mail, I do have something
sensible to write here:
Who's going to the contest at Tameside (Ashton-Under-Lyne) this Sunday?

Maybe see you in the bar for a drink!

Ian Fishwick
Principal Trombone, Standish Brass Band