Contest in Hitchin (Hertfordshire UK)

Hi,

I'm new to the list so "Hello" to everyone!

I've seen some comment about the lack of publicity for brass band events so
here's some info for one that is local to me.

The contest is the Triton Brass Band Contest and is organised by The Arts
Council for North Hertfordshire:

Sunday 19th April, 10AM onwards
Hitchin Town Hall (Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK)

There are 6 Bands involved:
Hitchin
Welwyn Garden City
Borehamwood
Bedford
Royston
Letchworth

The contest in three parts:
1) (10AM to 1PM), 20 minutes own choice
2) (2:30PM to 5PM), 25 mins own choice (different to part 1)
3) (6:30PM to 9:30PM), 20 to 25mins own choice (can replay pieces done
earlier in the day)

It's a knockout with the top 4 morning bands going to the afternoon.  The
two bands knocked out will perform (weather permitting) in the bandstand,
Bancroft Gardens, Hitchin during the afternoon.
Two Bands go through to the evening session.

Dave Milsom
(BBb Bass, Hitchin Band)