Brighton Contest

Results from Brighton:

1. City of Oxford (Montage)		 189
2. K.M. Gillingham (Year of the Dragon)     188
3. Friary Guildford (Pageantry)	     186
4. Alder Valley Brass (Trittico)	    184
5. Kortrijk Brass (Men and Mountains)       183
6. Tilbury (Purcell Variations)	     182
7. Uckfield Concert Brass		   181

Best Instrumentalist: Mark Yarham, Solo Cornet, Friary Guildford
Best Bass Section: City of Oxford

MMmmm. Needless to say, I am _a bit_ happy now.

I find it very hard to believe that the best instrumentalist award went
to another band. Our principal cornet won the best cornet award at the
Areas two weeks ago, and she played much better today than she did then.
(She has won the best cornet/instrumentalist award at almost every contest
for as long as I have been a member of the band). If there is
one prize that we deserved more than any other today, it is the best
instrumentalist award!!! I can't believe that any other cornet player in
the world could have played better than our principal cornet did today!

Oh well, I suppose I can't complain too much. Last year, we won the
contest (+ best march, best bass section and best instrumentalist). This
year, we won the contest and the prize for the best bass section.

MMMMMmmmmmm,

Cameron

--
  Cameron Mabon (International Idiot)	   cmabon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx