Re: Soprano Cornet Mouthpeice Selection

>I am writing to the forum in the hope of obtaining some advice on mouthpiece
>selection for Soprano players.

I'm sure you will find that there are a wide variety of sizes used. This
is because everyone is different Steve, so what is right for Pete
Roberts probably won't be for you, or me, or Craig...

Whilst there are undoubtedly those who have more natural ability for
upper register playing than others, the 'secret' to developing range is
to sensibly practice in the high register. Make sure you use air to
support the sound, don't do it everyday and don't use force to produce
the notes, and eventually you will see your range improve.

On the subject of mouthpieces, see if you can go along to your local
dealer and do a 'blind' test on a selection and see which one YOU like.

For the record I use a Bach 3c

--
David Cooper