Re: protest

The debate between Contesting Rules and 'For Art's Sake" is a long
one.....but.........

When people compete against each other, rules are established to make sure that
one group is not given an unfair advantage over another and that all
competitors are given equal opportunity.  Therefore Band contesting also needs
rules whether we like them or not.  If you don't like any rules then petition
your State body to change them (I have!!!)

Hawthorne broke a rule (quite blatantly if I may say so) and were caught.  The
imported player had not been in the country for the minimum peroid and was not
intending to stay for the minimum period........Sorry guys.......rules are

Might I add that a member of Hawthorne punched in a glass door after the
disqualification and that 2 members of Kew and Hawthorne had a bit of biffo
before they went on stage...........now...that's not in the spirit of
banding.......wake up to yourselves guys.......

just my .02

Tony