Re: fun and games in Australia

About 400 people were kept waiting for about 50 minutes around midnight on
>Saturday night as a decision was made about a protest from 7 of the 14
>competing bands regarding, amongst other issues, the eligibility of the
>registration of one player from Hawthorn band. The protest was upheld and
>that band was disqualified. I do not know the full details. I hope Chris
>Earl will provide full details for those interested on his "Australia's
>Band World" home page.

>From what i heard Sheona White was brought out from England on the pretence
of a job interview, registered two days before the contest and was due to
leave on Wednesday (today).  Hawthorn band was apparently warned that they
would be disqualified if they played her....and the NBCA disqualified them
in order to stop a precedence being set; ie what is to stop bands with a
bit of money bringing out several top players from the UK in the future?

This info is sketchy at best so please don't quote me!!!

Regards,

Justin Rouillon
Brisbane Excelsior