Re: fun and games in Australia

>A wide range then eh? Do you know how Excelsior did - I believe Russell
>Gray was
>playing for them............how did they manage that if Hawthorn had all these
>problems with Sheona?

Russell Gray was not playing for Excelsior in the contest events, nor was
he ever going to play for us at the contest.  He played some solo's with us
at the gala concert and at a some of our pre-contest concert's but that is
all

personally i can't quite see the point of kicking up all this fuss over the
registration of one player from one band out of 14.  is it true that
members of the hawthorne band were not allowed to compete in the solo
competitions?  if this is the case i don't see how that could possibly be
in the 'spirit of banding'....

It was kind of a disappointing contest for Excelsior; we came 7th overall
but we did get some good comments from Goff Richards re the bands sound and
style....
congrats to any members of Kew Band on the list, good to see the helmet
back in this country again

Justin Rouillon
Brisbane Excelsior