Re: protest

Alec Gallagher wrote:

> On the contrary, it strikes me that this is perfectly in the spirit of
> banding.  Banding is, sadly, largely about contesting.

I agree........

> Contesting reduces
> the musical art to a mere sport, and if you use music as the blunt
> instrument with which to bludgeon your opponents into defeat, it is hardly
> surprising that the more visceral emotions rise to the surface.

If contesting reduces the art....then...why do bands usually sound their best
just before a contest??? And...if you want to use the word sport..then....no
matter what people think.....violence is BAD SPORTSMANSHIP and should be
discouraged in banding as it is in sport....not just merely accepted....

> Anyway,
> this sort of behaviour is hardly new - in the old days, adjudicators had to
> be escorted from the box for their own safety!

Hmmm........with some adjudicators......quite understandable..... (--;
hahaha....

cya

Tony